ZeroTier (“VxLan Like” Global overlay network) stack uses regular Linux System calls to send / receive packets.
To improve throughput, design, develop and test integration of VPP for Acceleration of ZeroTier Data Path.
- Timely completion under aggressive deadlines
- Matching VxLAN performance
- Proposed 3 separate designs for integrating VPP into ZeroTier with detailed analysis with Pros and Cons of each.
- Development of VPP Plugins for ZeroTier
- Separation of slow path (control packet processing) and fast path
- Running multiple concurrent threads for fast path processing in a lockless fashion.
- Separate handling in VPP for LAN and WAN interfaces
- Adding CLI commands to VPP to control ZeroTier behavior
VPP, DPDK, ZeroTier