What Makes Wireless Networking a Promising Career Option in 2021
Until a few years ago, most enterprises viewed wireless networks as a novelty — something that only existed in high-end places and not really in the enterprise ecosystem. But all that has changed now. Today, wireless networks are breaking all shackles, with more and more businesses using the technology to enable Wi-Fi connections for personal and office equipment, remote working, IoT devices, and more. The increased reliance on these networks is making wireless networking a popular and promising career option in 2021. Read on to learn exactly why!
The drivers behind wireless networks’ unstoppable growth
In the technology world, change is the only constant. As new innovations keep happening, organizations have to constantly cater to these new developments to stay aligned and relevant.
One of the hottest trends ruling the tech landscape today is wireless networking, with the market estimated to grow from $69 billion in 2020 to $141.1 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 15.4%.
Here are some reasons for wireless networks’ unstoppable growth:
- The rate of internet penetration: From an era where high-speed Internet connections were affordable (and available) to only a select group of users residing in highly developed countries, the world has now reached a stage where the rate of internet penetration via mobile devices is massive. In 2021, worldwide internet penetration is expected to grow to 53.7%. This impressive growth means more and more users across the world will be accessing advanced services like 5G via wireless networks, causing the industry to further flourish.
- The emergence of remote working and virtual learning: As organizations of all types move to a remote working model, wireless networks provide the convenience of working (and learning) from home. These networks enable professionals to use their mobile devices and laptops to easily connect to drive mission-critical enterprise applications, interact with peers via voice, data, and video, and thus ensure the required levels of productivity and efficiency. At the same time, they allow students to attend online courses as well as interact with faculty in real-time.
- The growing adoption of IoT: The global market for IoT solutions is expected to grow to $1.6 trillion by 2025. This is driven primarily by the exponential growth of smart gadgets, connected homes and factories, building automation, and smart cities, which is causing the demand for wireless networks to also grow. Since IoT devices cannot communicate without reliable connections between devices, sensors, and the IoT platform, the need for sophisticated wireless networks for these devices to communicate with each other and exchange data and information is steadily escalating. Right from advanced cellular networks to LANs and mesh networks, the demands for these networks to enable Internet connectivity for smart homes, factories, and cities are at an all-time high.
Wireless networking – a promising career
With the demand for wireless networks constantly swelling, the sector offers promising career options for new and experienced candidates.
A recent survey reveals that 65% of organizations today expect to add dedicated wireless networking job roles to meet the growing demand for these services.
In 2021, career options for network associates, administrators, support specialists, and project managers will be many – those with exceptional networking skills and associated certifications are sure to shine in the job market in the coming year. A career in wireless networking also means they can earn good salaries; wireless network engineers can earn as much as $103,718 per year.
Professionals can expect several new openings to emerge in the job market that will require knowledge of the latest technologies, protocols, and industry standards as well as skills across:
- Hardware installation
- Technical support and maintenance
- Firewall, routers, and switches management
- VPN maintenance and management
- Equipment monitoring and management
- Software upgrades and migration
- Design enhancements
- 3rd party integrations
- Tool implementation
- Network audits
- Compliance and security testing
As trends around internet penetration, remote working, distance learning, and IoT grow, the scope for wireless networking is growing exponentially. The increasing demand for energy-efficient IoT solutions has further fueled growth, taking the wireless networking sector a notch higher.
With every business now requiring sturdy and reliable wireless network connections to keep pace with the expectations of today’s connected customers, job opportunities for wireless networking candidates are many. Those with the right experience and certifications will be able to efficiently install networks, plan for integrations, enable upgrades and updates, monitor and track performance, and optimize the performance of new-age wireless solutions – paving the way for next-gen smart everything.
If you are looking for a fulfilling career in the world of Network Security, 5G, and Wireless technologies, check out https://benisontech.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers.
We are hiring across 30+ positions. If you are a technologist at heart who loves working on the most complex and challenging problems, you will enjoy working at Benison.